At ASAProsthetics (ASAP), patient-centered/patient-specific care is our top priority. Each patient has a choice for their prosthetic and/or orthotic care, and we want to develop a personal relationship to better understand you and meet all of your needs. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation so that you can meet our team and verify we provide A Specialized Approach to your care. Your prosthetic or orthotic practitioner will work closely with you throughout the entire process and we want you to feel comfortable every step of the way. A consultation has proven to be a very effective way for you to meet the office staff, your practitioner, and view our facility to ensure that the ASAP team is a good fit for you. Feel free to call our office at 832.813.5278 to schedule your consult. We would love the opportunity to be a part of your success story!
Send a Referral/Script
Consultations do not require a prescription and we welcome the opportunity to meet with you, free of charge, and discuss how we can best provide your care. Due to Medicare rules, however, a detailed evaluation cannot be done until we have received a prescription from your healthcare provider.
- Before The Evaluation
- During The Evaluation
- After The Evaluation
Before the Evaluation
After you have decided to allow the ASAP team to care for you, there are several steps that can be taken to help us process your information more quickly and efficiently.
- Obtain a prescription/referral from you healthcare provider. A blank referral can be found here, or your healthcare provider can provide you with any documentation that requests evaluation and treatment for your specific needs.
- Print and complete the following forms and bring them with you to your evaluation:
- Please bring the following documentation to your first appointment:
- Driver’s License
- Insurance Card
- Any other health records that may impact your prosthetic and/or orthotic use.
During the Evaluation
A prosthetic evaluation can be an exciting time filled with a lot of information. The evaluation is the initial step to get your new prosthesis and return you to a life of mobility and independence. During the evaluation your prosthetist will do the following:
- Listen to you to understand your goals, needs, and requirements for daily living.
- Examine the health and condition of your residual limb. At this time your prosthetist will determine if you are ready to be cast or if more time is needed for your volume to stabilize.
- Measure range of motion, strength, and analyze gait to determine functional level and/or limitations.
- Recommend a plan of care based on the information gathered during this patient evaluation.
After the Evaluation
After the casting of your residual limb has been made, we perform the following hands-on tasks at our on-site fabrication lab to ensure optimal fit and quality for your device.
- Modify your cast based on your individual anatomy and the type of socket system with which you are being fit.
- Fabricate a check socket and fit to you to ensure proper fit. (This check socket fitting is a clear socket, which allows us to examine the overall fit and make any adjustments that may be necessary.)
- If necessary, fabricate a second check socket fitting to ensure optimal fit for the patient.
- Fabricate your definitive socket once the check socket has proven successful.
- Fit the definitive prosthesis.